This Year, There’s Time for the Whole Megillah
With so much time between Tu B’Shvat and Purim, you have the opportunity to teach the megillah in depth this year. There are a few ways you can use Torah Live resources to do this:
- Put the megillah slideshow up on the screen while you teach the story of the megillah. Students will love following along with the imaginative drawings! Recommended for 3rd-5th grade.
- After they have been inspired by the slideshow, ask the students to create comic strips based on the megillah. You’ll be surprised by how creative they can be.
- For younger students you can print out our Purim coloring book and give each student a page to color. The completed pages can be hung up around your classroom. Recommended for pre-K through 5th grade.
- Students in middle school can take the Torah Live megillah quiz to see what information they have retained. We have three quizzes, from beginners to advanced level.
- Everyone can play Purim Hangman! The words are challenging and it’s fun to connect them with the holiday.