What’s So Special about Shabbos?
Did you know that Shabbos is the only mitzvah that we refer to as a person? We call Shabbos a queen and assign verbs to it - Shabbos comes, Shabbos speaks and Shabbos leaves. We even greet it as if it were a friend of ours!
Why do we personify Shabbos? Watch the Shabbos presentation to find out the answer to this question.
There’s lots more you can learn in the Shabbos series, including:
- What are the avos and tolados and how do they affect our Shabbos observance?
- When is it permissible to select items on Shabbos?
- How does the prohibition on threshing apply to people who don’t live on farms?
- Who should light Shabbos candles and where should they be placed?
- Can you close the window on Shabbos if there is a fly in the room?